Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Difference Swim Lessons Make!

Local colleges are a wonderful resource! You may not realize it, but they frequently offer some great activities for kids.

One of the many activities we take advantage of at one of our local colleges is swimming lessons. They even have lessons for babies!

Ashley did not have a lot of confidence in the water. So, swimming lessons seemed like a good idea.

When she started out, she had some "catching up" to do compared to the other kids in her class. But after just a couple weeks, she was consistently out-swimming everyone in her class. By the time she reaches the edge of the pool, all the other kids are a half a pool length behind her.

Swim lessons have made a big difference for Ashley. She loves going and is always dissapppointed when it is time to leave!

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! I never much liked being the water and didn't take swimming until in college. By then, I think it was too late for me to actually enjoy it . . . but part of the problem is that I can't see without my glasses and get a headache then if I don't wear them. Swimming just isn't one of my activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much of a swimmer myself. But, perhaps by giving my daughter an early start, she may develop a love for it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete